Sony 46X2000, Sharp 46XD1 or Samsung?

Elmono

Standard Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

I am totally confused! I wanna lay my hands on 46" full HD screen (maybe a 52") but am totally lost now. PQ is number criteria for me but looking at the price difference between the Sony and the Sharp I have the feeling that I cannot explain why the Sony is price almost 900 pounds more than the Sharp.
Is there a difference in PQ quality?

I will receice digital signal via satellite, will have a HD Humax set top, connect a PS3 and have subscriptions for HD-channels

The banding issue on the Sharp concerns me I must say. But 900 pounds is a lot of cash. Also the looks of the Sony will be a bonus for my wife who doesn't like black but prefers grey or silver.....have to keep her happy as well.

Is there an alternative from Samsung with at least the same quality as the Sharp or the Sony?

Some other issues I should know or consider?

I lost the overview after reading all kinds of threads here with lots of good postings.

Looking forward to your feedback and sorry if this post will bore you.

:lease:

Regards

Elmo

The new M86/M87 ranges from samsung would be the direct competition to the XD1E / Sony.

There isnt much info on the samsungs yet in 46" guise from owners, but theres a few people who've got the 40" model - no negative news yet from them.

If you've got the cash get the Sony 46X. Best LCD TV i've seen, the SD frieview on the 46" is jaw dropping IMO.

Not seen the new Samsungs , the N series certainly doesn't come close by along shot and the F doesn't have a freeview tuner (if that's an issue?) .Entering the Sharp 46" lottery is one helluva gamble too......

If you've got the cash get the Sony 46X. Best LCD TV i've seen, the SD freeview on the 46" is jaw dropping IMO.

i agree and i should know...ive got one.:D

"There isnt much info on the samsungs yet in 46" guise from owners, but theres a few people who've got the 40" model - no negative news yet from them."

Unfortunately there is:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481233&page=5

It's screens so reflective that it put me right off it.

"The first thing that struck us once we placed the Samsung LE40M86BD on the TV stand was how reflective the screen (known as Super Clear Panel) was. Were it not for its light weight we could have easily mistaken the LE40M86BD for a plasma TV. " HDTVtest

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom