Sony 46w5500 "full pixel" - blue line down screen

bigvern123

Standard Member
Reaction score
when I view my sky HD on the TV (direct HDMI) connection and have the tv set to "fill pixel" view I get a noticeable blue vertical line right down the extreme right hand side of the screen, its very thin but still distracting.

I can change this setting to normal, this gets rid of the line, but its not what I want as the picture is then slightly scaled and therfore not as good.

When I view my Popcorn hour (another HDMI Source) with the same setting its fine,, I have swapped cables and hdmi ports but the sky box still puts out the blue line

can someone elese try the settings and let me know if you get the same ??

any ideas anyone, is it a problem sky box, tv or is it a knwon issue, tried searching but couldn't find anything

other than that the TV is top drawer

cheers..

when I view my sky HD on the TV (direct HDMI) connection and have the tv set to "fill pixel" view I get a noticeable blue vertical line right down the extreme right hand side of the screen, its very thin but still distracting.

I can change this setting to normal, this gets rid of the line, but its not what I want as the picture is then slightly scaled and therfore not as good.

When I view my Popcorn hour (another HDMI Source) with the same setting its fine,, I have swapped cables and hdmi ports but the sky box still puts out the blue line

can someone elese try the settings and let me know if you get the same ??

any ideas anyone, is it a problem sky box, tv or is it a knwon issue, tried searching but couldn't find anything

other than that the TV is top drawer

cheers..

The blue line is a bug in the new EPG - though many channels have always a fair amount of screen garbage around the edges while viewing without overscan.

thanks for the reply, thinking about it now I've olny noticed it since the new EPG on the sky box appeared.

Have you any more info - are sky working on a fix ?

am I only noticing because the bart is now blue when it was previously black (totally guessing on that point) ?

can I roll back the epg to the old version.

Seeems really crappy from sky if you ask me..

thanks for the reply, thinking about it now I've olny noticed it since the new EPG on the sky box appeared.

Have you any more info - are sky working on a fix ?

am I only noticing because the bart is now blue when it was previously black (totally guessing on that point) ?

can I roll back the epg to the old version.

Seeems really crappy from sky if you ask me..

They certainly know about it as it was well reported by the beta testers. How long we have to wait for a fix is anybody's guess.

There is a work around which has been discussed on the sky HD threads, if you go into the picture settings on the sky box and change the RF1/scart output to 4:3L the blue line changes back to black. Strange i know but worked for me.

There is a work around which has been discussed on the sky HD threads, if you go into the picture settings on the sky box and change the RF1/scart output to 4:3L the blue line changes back to black. Strange i know but worked for me.

Worked on my pioneer KRP500A too.

Thanks.

Strange - this doesn't work on my Sony W4500. Does it get rid of the side bars altogether or do they just turn black? In any case I output to other TVs via the scart so I would have to keep changing it back to 16:9 :(.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom