Sony 46HX853 Anyone know where they are in stock?

paaaatrick

Standard Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about buying this for a while and once the time came to pull the trigger, it seems it's out of stock everywhere!

Be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of one.

Does anyone know if it's stopped beong manufactured? Has it been superceded?

Hi paaaatrick, the 46HX853 has been superseded by the new Sony 2013 models. Having put 46HX853 in google and clicked the "Shopping" tab near the top of the page, it does seem that it's still available through certain stores. The replacement 2013 models for this TV are either the 47W805A or the higher end 46W905A. There are also 2 avforum threads with regards to the new models :- http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1736544-sony-hx853-replacement-w9.html

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1766747-sony-w8.html

Hope this helps :)

Great thanks for the info!

I had done same Googling as you. When you click through into the stores they are either out of stock or £300 more than I wanted to pay.

Any thoughts on how the replacement model stacks up against the hx853?

Last edited:
Hi paaaatrick, the new models are looking pretty good so far. I considered the HX853 at one point, but did not like the tilt on the TV. Also, read many user reviews saying the sound from the soundbar was not great. Glad I waited ! :)

Thanks for your help.
Think I will look to pick up a W8 this week then.

I'm moving from a 32", so was worried the HX 46" might be too much, now the W will push me up to 47"!

Viewing distance for me will me just about 3m. Can anyone reassure me that 47" will be ok? Found a guide online that seemed to suggest it would be perfect, although was from a site who's primary aim is to flog large TV screens, so questioning their motives.

Thanks for your help.
Think I will look to pick up a W8 this week then.

I'm moving from a 32", so was worried the HX 46" might be too much, now the W will push me up to 47"!

Viewing distance for me will me just about 3m. Can anyone reassure me that 47" will be ok? Found a guide online that seemed to suggest it would be perfect, although was from a site who's primary aim is to flog large TV screens, so questioning their motives.

3 meters for a 47" should be absolutely fine - I have a Sony 46" and sit about the same distance back and it's perfect - well - the only thing that isn't brilliant I guess it the lower bitrate Freeview channels (like Dave and Pick TV etc) - sometimes these look a little blocky, but for most SD Freeview for example, 3 meters back is fine to me!

HD, of course....even better! ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom