Sony 46D 3500 Discussion thread

den111s

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing this model, can you help with opinions please.:thumbsup:

Its a very good model and pretty similar to V3000 model.The 46V3000 price is also pretty close!The V3000 has diferent design and adds 1 HDMI more

Thanks CHRISGEO

Can you tell me if its a newer model than the V3000, I can't find it on Sonys site or in any reviews.

As well as its HD performance I'm interested how it performs on SD analogue and digital programmes and if it upscales to a better picture.

Appreciate any info you can supply.:thumbsup:

The D3500 is 1 month only newer model,they came close.Both have good or even very good SD performance

:thumbsup: Can you say how much difference in picture quality there is between the 3 versions of Bravia engine.

I would not be using the TV for gaming but mainly for SD Analogue and Digital TV, plus HD dvd recorder with 1080p upscaling such as the Sony rdr-hxd 870.

Would the difference justify the extra cost of the 46x3500.

Thanks for your advice and experience.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well,the 46X3500 is really top top,that doent mean the D3500 is bad,however very good as I said.The difference is visible.Anyway,you have the money you decide!

Like most people, for us the money aspect is a big consideration and we couldn't afford it at the moment. There is about £1k difference, which means that the 46x3500 is almost twice the price of the 46D3500.

We currently use a Sony 32FD1 100hz crt set which we bought new some 9yrs ago which still gives an excellent picture on all inputs, for Freeview we use a Sony Freeview box on AV1.

We would like to upgrade to a 46 but are rather nervous of making the wrong choice since this is our first venture into the LCD market and we want to buy wisely, but not at the cost of something unsuitable.

If you or any other members can give any further advice it would be most welcome.

Cheers:thumbsup:

Well,get the 46D3500 as you will be also happy with that

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom