1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 44PX2 and NTSC- help please

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by yakko, Jan 31, 2003.

1. yakko

yakko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I may finally have a TV I can live with. Only one problem , NTSC discs look , well, er , a bit ropey. The scan lines are really obvious. Fellow owners, is this due to the sheer size of the screen or my set up? I have an ixos s-video to scart lead plugged into scart three I believe. (a legacy from my old R1 only player)
    Would using a scart to scart through one of the RGB enabled scarts look any better.
    is there another solution?

BTW pal discs look great, I was worried such a big projector picture would look soft, but it doesn't.
    I just wish there was a manual convergence option though.

thanks

2. grahamd

grahamd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mines set to rgb, no problem with scan lines, r1 looks great.
    however, i'm about 12' away from the screen, the closer you sit the more susceptable they'll be. agree about the convergence, i get occasional blue lines on bright background and would like to tweak.

3. yakko

yakko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, so it's a decent Scart lead I need!
    Now where do I get one of those?

4. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can see the scan lines on reg 1 but they dont bother me. I use a crappy argos scart lead. As for the convergence. That is my only gripe with this set. You cant tweek it manually. Nevermind

shaun