Sony 43XD8099 judder on 24hz DTS mkv's

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by digitalfm, Apr 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. digitalfm

digitalfm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Last week I purchased a Sony 43XD8099 and am very happy with the picture quality.

Motion is extremely good with both Sky TV broadcasts, and Bluray disks at 24Hz.

However when playing certain bluray rips (mkv's) using the internal video player (streamed from my Synology NAS) it has terrible judder and major lip sync issues. It's the same if using Plex, or Kodi. It's also the same if playing straight from USB.

The really odd thing is mkv's with a Dolby digital sound track seem to work fine. Sound is perfect and the motion controls smooth everything out. However if I try to play an mkv movie with a DTS sound track the motion control doesn't do anything, and the sound is completely out.

Originally I thought it was Plex, but as mentioned it's the same using the internal player. The same movies play perfectly on my Samsung and LG Tv's so I can't understand why the Sony has a problem.

Surely I can't be the only one that has seen this, but I can't find anything on the forums about it.

Do others find DTS bluray rips play ok on this model? Any ideas?

Please help.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. digitalfm

digitalfm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Seen the Samsung MU6400 is now available at John Lewis. Think a swap out might be the best solution.

Anyone know if the Samsung 40MU6400 would outperform the Sony in terms of picture quality.

I'm not worried about it being slightly smaller.