• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony 43w80 or Sony 43x83

rdawson

Standard Member
With the developments in TV at the moment I'm going to wait until oled comes good and affordable for my main TV. With that in mind I want a new TV to 'put me on' until that day arrives and I will shift it to the bedroom.

Measuring up the 43 looks to be the best size for my eventual needs and I like the idea of android (I've read all the commotion over the operating system but it will come good and it will work with my phone and tablet)

I only watch TV through sky so that means no 4k content at the moment but I do watch 90% of my content in HD so I'm thinking the upscaling is worth the extra but I thought I would call on your collective wisdom to check

So good 1080 or entry 4k?

carl1

Standard Member
Hi, in the same boat myself... I have decided to get the 43W80 this time... I can't see 4K becoming anything other than a 'demo' feature for a while yet, at least not for the general consumer. I plan to buy the 43W80 now for £450, and then an OLED with 4K and HDR in the future when prices fall and content warrants it.

Android seems to be improving with software updates, and I watch all my TV through an external YouView box.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom