Sony 43 xe8005

dp01

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for a small set for my mum and want the best 40/43 inch TV I can get. Like the look of the Panasonic 40ex700, but like the fact that the sony is slighter bigger.
Does anyone have this model or have any comments about the picture quality of the Sony. How does it compare to the 49/50 models in the Sony/Panasonic lineup - especially the ex750 and xe9005 (obviously no comparison I know, as the 750 and 9005 are totally different, but looks like the sony 43 8005 is the best model I can buy at this size)

I'm in the same boat for my parents. I took their Humax box into Currys the other day to check out a typical selection of (their) recordings on the 49xe9005. A lot of it looked ok, but they watch a lot of old B&W rough quality films (SD) that looked pretty awful on this set tbh. I think it was more to do with the sheer screen size than poor upscaling, so now am looking at the 438005. If only they did a 43" version of the former, with its superior motion handling and back lighting :(. I'll be giving the latter the same tests with the humax box soon, so crossing my fingers. Reviews seem scarce and ideally would have liked to see AVF do one.

I'd agree about the Panny stands....bloody awful.

had a look at the 49xe9005 today in JL. vivid picture - not unlike Samsung but viewing angle was very poor. soon as you move off centre, you can immediately notice the drop in clarity. definitely not a good choice for anyone who won't be watching straight on.
shame manufactures can't/don't make oled tv's under 50 inches. missing a trick i think as its a no brainer.
also saw the 43 8005. not a bad picture - was quite impressed actually
interested to hear what you think joe

in case you're interested the 43xe8005 is an IPS panel - had a look today in JL and the picture remained pretty much the same from the sides. Having said that I was quite impressed with the sony 43xe7073 - the picture seemed so much more natural - closer in fact to the panasonic ex700, that the 8005. and it's cheaper by £160 too. by the way the 7073 is IPS too.

in case you're interested the 43xe8005 is an IPS panel - had a look today in JL and the picture remained pretty much the same from the sides. Having said that I was quite impressed with the sony 43xe7073 - the picture seemed so much more natural - closer in fact to the panasonic ex700, that the 8005. and it's cheaper by £160 too. by the way the 7073 is IPS too.

Thanks for the useful info dp. Not had a chance to pop back yet but I'll add the 7073 to have a look at too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom