1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony 42sx200 geometry?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bobbeh, Jul 11, 2003.

1. bobbeh

bobbeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, ive just had the sony 42sx200 installed yesterday with the dav880 home cinema and im very impressed. however there is little annoying thing that i know is gonna be in the back of my mind. when the display mode is set to 14:9 or 4:3 there are black side lines which are concurved. only slightly but still noticeable, i had my whole family round to take a look at it and they agree the lines arent straight. There are no settings to correct this (like on a computer monitor).

Is this a factory setting? and would sony replace the tv set or simply try and fix the fault (thats if it is one).

I would use the widesreen and smart mode display most but i paid a lot of money and i want everything working not just the modes im gonna use.

things i have also noticed.

*Takes a good 5-10 seconds for the tv to dispaly a picture when turning on. Also very dim to start off with.

*You can see very faint lines between shades of colour as if there were only 2-3 different colours, noticed this on a close up of someones face. (it looks like viewing an image on pc with a 16bit colour setting) These lines only dissapear if i increase the colour to a very high level often unwatchable :/

The kit was bought from a sony center.

thanks

2. bobbeh

bobbeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh and it also buzzes :confused: