Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

SONY 42LX1S 42" WEGA LCD Screen Silver

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by JMacca1972, Mar 6, 2005.

1. JMacca1972

JMacca1972

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi People,

Having viewed this forum for the last few months (getting up to speed :thumbsup: ) I haver recently found the SONY 42LX1S 42" WEGA LCD Screen Silver that is soon to be available...

http://www.savastore.com/productinf...me=Savastore&page=productspecification&pid=45

Firstly can anyone help and confirm if this will be ready for Sky's HDTV broadcasts coming in next year? Is this LCD the answer for us?

It's stated Video Features:

HDTV Compatible - Yes

Supported HDTV Resolutions 480p (via Component sockets), 1080i (via Component sockets), 480i (via Component sockets), 720p (via Component sockets)

Also I am after some recommendations for a decent DVD player as well - any comments would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks

Jase

2. joker_zero

joker_zero
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Only if it supports HD via the DVI interface which according to the link you give is HDCP complient - a first for Sony!!!!!!

3. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!

Finally, a Sony that can be used for Sky's HiDef broadcasting....probably....not!

The important bit is the part that says 'DVI-HDCP' This, in theory, opens the door to Skys broadcasts, but that is only if it can handle 720p50Hz and 1080i50Hz via this connection...Having checked into this bit more, it would seem that Savastore are also selling a 32" version! I have an awful feeling that these are US (or grey) imports and that the HDCP will not suit Sky's broadcasts. US HiDef uses 60Hz signals so there is every chance these sets will not comply. They certainly don't appear on the UK Sony website.....

Doesn't look promising...

Jimmy

4. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    It' a MONITOR not a TV!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

5. JMacca1972

JMacca1972

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Guys.... (Gutted). I could'nt find it on the sony UK website either...

Oh well, if thats the case then I guess the wait will have to continue....

Does anyone know of any 42" LCD's that are due to be released anytime this year that will be compatible?? I am in the market to buy one soonest really.

Thanks again.

Jase

6. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Yeah, I know. The thing is, the difference between a monitor and a TV is really just down to whether it has an internal tuner or not. This particular panel has excellent accessory speakers too. This is becoming less and less important these days, and a decent monitor with all the appropriate connections could be a worthy alternative to a conventional TV.

The Philips 42PF9986 would be suitable, together with some other current TV's....Sharp for instance...

Jimmy

7. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Yeah, I know you know! I was just pointing it out as commercial monitors are built to a different spec compared to a consumer unit.
    My 37" Sharp TV is in fact just used as a monitor with SKY+ and DVD, I have not even used the set up on the integral tuner :hiya: