Sony 41 SU3 - RGB picture shift

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Duncan Harvey, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help

I was setting up NTL for my folks on this set the other night and wanted to display RGB.

But the picture shifts significantly to the left when I do this.

Is there a way to re-centre the picture? I can only imagine that it will require access to the service menus, which I dont know how to access and am understandably a little nervous about using.

My folks are "happy" with composite, but being the sad home cinema fan that I am it gnaws at me that RGB is available!

cheers

Duncan

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Howdy Duncan

From previous postings regarding NTL I've got the impression I'm not using the same box as you. I'm using the Pace DiTV1000 box and to get access to the 'engineering mode' I follow these instructions:

Re-boot the STB by:
    either: power off and on again;
    or: press OK, Left, TV on the front of the STB.
    As the STB re-boots, hold down the Up & Down buttons on the STB.
    Browse through the pages by using the Left & Right buttons on the remote or STB.

Don't know if it applies to other boxes.

Try this place: http://www.ntluser.co.uk/

Always good for NTL news, and if you put your posting on their forum, you're sure to get an answer. Can't guarantee it'll be the one you're after though. I suffer RGB picture shift too. Old TV, nothing can be done for me. I've learned to live with it.

3. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RGB picture shift is fairly common amongst televisions.

On older Toshiba models (the non-budget ones), you would select NTSC358 in the tv set-up menu and this would correct the shift. Or you could go into the designer menu and make adjustments there.

It varies though, depending on the tv. So tell us what they have.