Sony 40x2000 or 46w2000 lcd? A tough choice

Pritz

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've come down to a choice between 2 LCD Tvs:

Sony 40x2000 LCD Screen for around £1750

or

Sony 46w2000 LCD Screen for around £2050

There's a bit of a dilemma here though. Do I go for a bigger screen, with less quality (the W series) or a smaller screen, but with a better quality display (the X)? The 46x2000 is out of the question, due to it being way overpriced at around £2500.

Any opinions would be much appreciated

or

There's a bit of a dilemma here though. Do I go for a bigger screen, with less quality (the W series) or a smaller screen, but with a better quality display (the X)? The 46x2000 is out of the question, due to it being way overpriced at around £2500.

Procrastinate for a couple of months and I'll bet that the 46x2000 will drop in price to a price you could justify!!!!!!!

Really!!
I bought a 37" LG around May/June this year for £1300, It is for sale right now for £700 from a well known UK online retailer!

Trouble is, there'll probably be a 52" monster on sale then for a price that's just outside your budget :D

Personally, I do wish I'd waited for a 1080p capable set - 720p is good, but I've seen a couple of good 1080 jobbies and I now suffer from serious pixel envy!

Good luck!!

But one can argue that looking to the future means you'll never actually get around to buying a tv. In a couple of months, there may be an even better tv available, just above my budget, and I could wait for that, etc etc.

Remember, there's no time like the present!

or

The differences in picture quality are not as great as you may assume from the price. On HD they are almost identical and on SD many users turn off the extra processing on the x series. I have not regretted for a second not buying the x series. The 46w is only a little wider than the 40x as the surround is so much smaller.

The differences in picture quality are not as great as you may assume from the price. On HD they are almost identical and on SD many users turn off the extra processing on the x series. I have not regretted for a second not buying the x series. The 46w is only a little wider than the 40x as the surround is so much smaller.

Never compared the two. But the 46X rockes picture wise, and looks great to boot.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom