Sony 40X2000 LCD TV

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Michael Talbot, May 8, 2007.

1. Michael Talbot

Michael Talbot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am intereststed in buying above but it would appear from latest edition of What Hi-Fi & Vision magazine that this model may be about to be discontinued although the 46 inch version (which is too big for my requirements) will continue.

In researching I have come acoss the 40XBR model in America which has 3 HDMI inputs and built in upscaling. Does anyone know if this model will be introduced over here or is it just for the American market.

If it is not to be introduced I will take the plunge and buy the outgoing model but if it is I will wait.

2. Dann'sTheMan

Dann'sTheMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi Michael,

and welcome to the forums. :) Just so you know, all LCDs (and plasmas for that matter) have built in scalers. This is because they can only output at their their panel resolution, so any input will have to be up or down scaled to the panel resolution. On the X-series, the panel resolution is Full HD i.e. 1920x1080 pixels - so anything less will need to be upscaled :cool:

Big smiles,

Andy.

P.S. BTW, I believe the XBR range is what the Americans call their equivalents of the W and X series. Europe has its own naming convention. Do a search on the new Bravia lines announced for Europe such as the D-series etc. :)

3. Michael Talbot

Michael Talbot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Andy

The 40XBR has Bravia Pro rather than Bravia EX as the processing engine as well as DRC which is not on the UK LCD models.

Michael