• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony 40W5500 calibration - newbie

Fliss M

Standard Member
I little ahead of myself but I want to be prepared. Am getting the above LCD on Thursday (when they become in stock) and I am a complete newbie with this whole Calibration bit. Had I not read a WAY over my head review it would never have occured to me and I would be watching it in factory settings!

I have found this site (hope this ok) http://www.*/Sony-KDL40W5500/Settings.htm
which I think gives me what I need to calibrate it best. I will be running sky+, PS3 and video off it (video not so much) Hope you fine people can help me as all the technical speak is gobbldy gook, Just what settings in the box on the tv will do me. Even if I get 3 sets for each option above :D

Thanks peeps

Fliss M

Standard Member
shameless bump, anybody?

burrellp

Standard Member
I have the 46W5710 (from Reading John Lewis) and have tried the calibration you linked plus other examples in the monster W5500 thread, but none were to my preference.

Bottom line - perception is everything and each has their own prefered look.

I have to say - the "Threatre" button's settings a certainly good for Blu-Ray.

Paul.

Fliss M

Standard Member
Thats great thanks! Least I understand how it all stands now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom