sony 40w4100 vs samsung LN40A550????

avwilly

Standard Member
i really don't know what to buy first i want the best for blu ray i have ps3 so should i buy

sony KDL-40V4100 or samsung LN40A550

so please give your opinion.

ChrisGgr

Although here is UK and EU and not US yep the W4100 is a better option.To further info though look at here
www.avsforum.com

B

bobski510

i really don't know what to buy first i want the best for blu ray i have ps3 so should i buy

sony KDL-40V4100 or samsung LN40A550

so please give your opinion.

I have owned both the Sammy 40a550 and the Sony 40v4100 for about a week. After watching both sets side by side for a week I returned the Samsung.
I had adjusting both sets the best I could, I found the Sony to have better blacks and deeper color. The Sony also could display a more detailed picture. The remote on the Sammy was sluggish to respond, the Sony was quick.
The sound on the Sony was way better the the Samsung, even after adjusting the Sammy EQ. When playing sound through the audio out, the Samsung had a horrible echo effect when the tv speakers where on, you have to turn off the internal speakers to avoid this. On the Sony you could output both at the same time with no echo effect. I know that the internal speakers are meaningless when going with an external sound system but just some fyi.
When playing video games in game mode on the Sony, you could adjust all video sliders to your pleasing. On the Samsung in game mode (entertainment mode) the video adjust sliders where locked, meaning you could not adjust anything. You where stuck with the Samsung default setting. Playing on the Samsung in a dark room in game mode (entertainment mode) was far to bright.
Both sets had no dead pixels or stuck pixels. I did not see any clouding or flash lighting on either set, if there was it was minable and equal on each set. No major smearing on either set and when there was some smearing both sets where equal.
The Sammy has a swivel base , the Sony does not. (only thing I liked better on the Sammy).
The Sony has 4 hdmi ports to the Sammys 3 hdmi ports. I have never owned a Sammy or Sony HDTV before so i have no brand loyalty.
In my opinion after owning both sets for a week I prefer Sony 40v4100 over the Sammy 40a550.

Jaymog

Standard Member
Sony 40W4100 ? is this a new model, or is everyone hitting the wrong keys? :lesson:
I only ask, because I've just bought a 40W4000 and can't find any reference to a W4100 :beer::uk::beer:

ChrisGgr

its the US model dont worry.However dont be surpreised in september as new series come in europe

ChrisGgr

higher spec series,the W4000 continues normally though,it wont be replaced just new series above it

ChrisGgr

above the W4000/E4000 that currently are the best on the 2008 line up,there will be above them 5 new series.there are no links yet for the european models,the source is confirmed though

Aur

Novice Member
Just out of curiosity but how often are Sony introducing new series as the 4000 only came out in June?

ChrisGgr

the new series dont replace the W4000 they are above it