sony 40w4000 curious

Azza2988

Standard Member
Reaction score
i recently purchased my sony 40w4000 my first lcd when putting eat close to it i do hear like a buzz or hmm sound that normal reason i asked is i went to 3 differeny sony shops 2 said yes and one said no. so just curious does it emit a buzz or hmm sound while on?

thanks

You can often hear a buzz when you put your ear right next to it.... if you can't hear it at a normal distance I'd say it's normal.

I think my 32W4000 buzzes everso slightly if I put my ear to it...so does my alarm clock and PC monitor.

I have also just bought a 40W4000. I've read about this buzzing quite a few times on this forum but my set has no buzz or even hmm sound. I've muted the volume, put my ear next to it but all I can hear is the SKY HD box fan. Even with the volume up it is still the same. You either have super sensitive hearing or a faulty set.

i thought it was bit wierd my self, because i went into 3 sony shops and put my ear to the same lcd but no sound the staff just said its because there noise around the store i was thinking hmmm i dont think so. because at the top of the lcd i hear like i said the buzzing sound sony staff said is the transformer or something but like u said you dont hear it so i think they conning me a little bit, plus when turning the tv I get some noise like crackling but this crackling noise i hear alot when tv is on more often when playing xbox on it, i think it maybe best i pay a visit to store again but sadly a engineer will have to come down first to confirm it faulty then hope i can get exchange you think that will be best?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom