Sony 40w2000 only displaying 1024 x 768 on PC input

westtra

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Have a little problem that the TV wont show a screen bigger than this even when I give it bigger signal. All it does is show eg. 1280 x 800 within the 1024 x 768 screen and I have to scroll to left/right/up/down to see rest of screen. If i look on the PC mode settings bit it says 1024 x 800 60hz.

Does anyone have any idea whats wrong?

Hi Westtra,
Check the specs of your TV. What is the native resolution listed as? Also, is there a section in your manual on the VGA input? What does it say about supported resolutions through VGA inout? Normally there'd be specific resolutions that the panel will deal with on the VGA input. I'd be expecting the manual to provide a list of supported resolutions etc.

Dan.

I get the full 1920 X 1080 (or whatever it is) via VGA on my xbox 360 even though it isnt supported by sony. Might it be a setting on your PC options rather than the TV?

dan its a full 1980x1080 as it recieves this through hdmi tested with consoles etc and as neil says it can accept 1080 through the vga input.

Neil the laptop can output 1920 x 1080 even though the laptop screen resolution is 1280 x 800. it is definately outputing 1280 as the screen is dispaying a picture of 1024 x 768 byt withing that it is showing 1280 x 800 with the edges cut off so i have to scroll to see the rest of the screen if you know what i mean. it appears the tv is mistaking the input as 1024 x 768 when its more

Hi Westra, I'm actually thinking it may be a screen options issue. Got a bell ringing here somewhere and think that you might need to reselect your monitor settings in windows as often windows will set screen-scrolling on if it thinks the resolution you've set exceeds the selected monitor.:lesson:

Check that and let me know if this is the cause etc, otherwise we'll look at other possibilities.

Dan.:)

Sorry for the offtopic...

Hello,

I have first hand info that you can connect the Xbox360 to the VGA port of this unit and it works fine...with the Xbox360 VGA cable. This works fine.

I was wondering if someone has connected the PS3 to the VGA input (via component to VGA converter) of the Sony KF42SX300 succesfully?

Thanks,

I have just bought Sony 40W2000 which arrived yesterday and can you please help me with the settings for picture quality, colour etc. and also how the freeview work. I have a sky box which I have connected. As Sony does not supply you with an ariel I have to buy one. Also it tells you to register online for the guarantee. Has anyone been able to do this with no problem. The TV is very nice so I hope it will meet its expectations.

:lease: help and any other information you can give. I was throne between the W2000 and the D3000, but settled for the W2000.

Thank you

I think you need to use a program on PC called powerstrip which forces the resolution.

I used it briefly and it worked, you get an unsupported resolution messge on screen but pressing select on remote removes this.

Thanks Collin for the information. I will try this and see.:thumbsup:

I think you need to use a program on PC called powerstrip which forces the resolution.

I used it briefly and it worked, you get an unsupported resolution messge on screen but pressing select on remote removes this.

I also agree on Powerstrip, it allows for using custom settings on many graphics cards.

Try 50Hz or 60hz as the refresh rate on your panel when you set powerstrip up. It's most likely one of these two (or both of these refresh rates) is what your panel is wanting to recieve.

Dan.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom