• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SONY 40D3000 Problem- Can you help?

sav2003

Standard Member
I have a SONY KDL-40D3000 about 2 and a half years old. Recently it has developed a fault. Usually it happens 3-4 times a night. The screen disappears and comes back after about 5 seconds. It is like it looses its tuning or may be it gets too hot and it switches off for few seconds. Often it happens when I am changing channels; when it comes back it goes to the previous set channel. The time that takes to recover is always the same.

Can anyone help? Has anyone else experience the same problem?

Thank you sav2003

thejaimeoneill

Standard Member
Hello mine does exactly the same thing, i hope some can help, it's starting to make the missus grumpy which does'nt help either. i'm not sure what the problem is, will have to do some research.

brave01heart

Established Member
Hi

Just been reading about the issues that you are having with the 40D3000 Bravia. My son has a 32D3000 and a couple of months ago it started turning off and back on again, several times a day. I did a search via Google and found that this problem was a known issue with Sony and a resolution was found and works with most, if not all D3000 models (and possibly the V models).

I told my son about it a couple of weeks ago and since that day, he has not had the issue again.

Settings/Digital Setup/Technical Setup

Turn off "Auto Service Updates" and "Software Downloads"

Good Luck

Brave01Heart

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom