• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony 37w5500 or Sony 37w5710

lewishuw

Standard Member
Hi All,
Just joined the forum today because I am going to buy one of the above tomorrow.
SONY CENTRE want £949 for the 5710 & 5 Yr Guarentee
AMAZON want £699 for the 5500 & 3 Yr Guarentee

I still have an old CRT and know nothing about LCD!

What advice can you give me as to which to go for.

HELP

Kenny263

Standard Member
Hi,
I've been looking at the 37w5500, however from reading posts on here, the panel on the 37 isn't as good as the panel on the 40w5500. However, it still seems to get decent reviews from other sites I've read and when Asda had it at a ridiculous £400 recently, I was trying everything to find one. Unfortunately failed in my quest! :mad:

I do believe Asda are selling it at £600 now tho along with Sony's 3 year warranty.

From what I've read, the 37w5710 isn't much different to the 37w5500

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
they are the same actually,only design is different

wonder boy

Standard Member
Got the 37w5710 for £678 price matched with RS and with trade in from John Lewis so 5 year guarantee. No backlight issues at all but SD through a decent sky scart was only ok so I bought a new skyHD box and HD programs as well as blu ray are awesome. Big screen does highlight deficiancies in SD signal though but tweaking does help

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom