sony 37ex403 colour settings/ hdmi problem

dave_on_tyne

Standard Member
I've just bought the Sony 37ex403 - couple of issues though, one with colour/sharpness, one with HDMI

Most of the time the picture looks OK, some stuff looks fab, but on some TV broadcasts that have a lot of red/pink (Strictly) or indeed blue (Robert's Web) the picture seems soft and these colours overwhelming others, and this is disappointing. Tried "cinema" mode and this doesn't address the problem.
Is this a feature of the 37" panel that I keep hearing is inferior to the 40" (though in-stores I could see little difference) or are there some suggested colour/contrast adjustments that tidy things up? Yes, I could play myself - but am interested if people have had similar experience and have fixed it, and could share their settings please.

And the HDMI issue is odd. I have a Sony HDR harddisk/dvd recorder which I thought I'd connect via HDMI rather than Scart. Tried this last night and the minute I switch the HDR on I lose some (not all) Freeview channels on both the TV and the HDR (e.g. C4 goes, BBC1 doesn't). I can only assume the HDMI is interfering with the aerial signal - anyone seen anything similar and have a fix ?!

Thanks !

dave_on_tyne

Standard Member
Re: trying another HDMI cable - I only have the one at the moment - an amazon sourced "Duronics" cheapie based on the fact that forums here suggest cheapies are fine . . . Before I buy another to try I wondered if anyone had experienced, and solved, this problem?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Re: trying another HDMI cable - I only have the one at the moment - an amazon sourced "Duronics" cheapie based on the fact that forums here suggest cheapies are fine . . . Before I buy another to try I wondered if anyone had experienced, and solved, this problem?
Replace the lead and your problem will be gone.

Top Bottom