1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 36FS76 question.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by godi32, Jan 20, 2003.

1. godi32

godi32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I can buy a Sony 36FS76 from a guy who says he has bought this television a week ago but has now decided he's going for a plasma (clearly a maniak like all of us :) )

He sells his Sony for 2000 Euro or £1280. This price includes an extended warranty of 5 years.

How can I be sure that this sony has no hidden defaults and is this a good bargain? Can you give me advice on what to look out for if I'm going to see this television?

Thanks,

Dirk

2. godi32

godi32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible for all owners of this model to give me some tips please?!

I'm going to see this guy on Friday.

Thanks,

Dirk

3. Bogside

Bogside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +367
    Why don't you do a search on SOny 36FS76 and problems that some have had will be highlighted there!

4. cdave

cdave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There is one positive way to look at your situation. You are in the position of getting a nearly new set and have the opportunity to see the picture. You will see for yourself if the picture is good or not. I would also put the set on mute and see if there is any annoying sound, whistle of buzz. I would ask the seller to have the set on a couple of hours before you arrive to warm it up. That is when noises come to light in my experience.

Put the set on 4/3 mode and see if the line is straight down the edge of the picture. How much are you saving in your area and is the warranty transferrable? In the Uk I do not think you would have the same rights as the original buyer, probably the same where you are?

As noted above, most of what you need to look for can be found on many other posts on but the above is what I would look for first.

Let us know.

Dave