sony 36FQ80

A

aqureshi

Hi,
I just had a phone call from John Lewis and according to them the sony Model 36FQ80 has arrived. I 'll probably go on saturday and check it out.
What I need to find out before hand is where I can find the same TV cheaper so I can ask JL to price match.
I'll be grateful if some one can tell me the shops which are selling it cheaper than JL.

Is this model better than Tosh 36ZP18?

Cheers

Asad

This is a 32" model not 36". The 36" model is the 36FS76. Or there is a new 36" iDTV which is called the 36NX200 which is due out any day now!

I noticed the older Sony 36FS70 model for £1199 in Dixons, Watford last Saturday. John Lewis are still trying to flog this for a lot more.

Hi,

I think you are correct. JL gave me the wrong info as when I called them last night, they confirmed the model no is FS76 not FQ80. They have offered me to replace my Toshiba with this sony model FS76. I just needed people's opinion, Is Sony better than Toshiba 36ZP18.

I need to know where I can find it cheaper(in a shop) so I canask JL to price match.

Alim, Do u know what was the price of FS76 in the JL.

Cheers

Can't comment on whether Sony is better than Toshiba as I have never owned the latter. They both have their problems. However, JL salesman said he thought the Sony was better and at the tmie it was cheaper than the Toshiba picture frame tv. I am awaiting delivery of the 36NX200.

I can't tell you what the price was of the 36FS76 in JL because they didn't have one on display. I believe they are trying to get rid of the previous model first.

I'm also trying to choose between the ZP18Q & the FS76 ... what concerned me about the FS76 is that it's not a 100Hz set, & also advertised by Sony as an anolgue set ...

Which has the best picture?

Hi,

What is the best price for NX200. I'll probably wait until this model comes out. I didn't know that FS76 didn't have 100HZ and it is analogue.

Cheers

You guys are nuts!, the FS76 has DRC 100Hz and DRC 50Hz. It also has a non DRC 100Hz mode. Its Analogue yeah but who cares if you have sky digital!

I'm sure the FS76 is a 100htz set. It is called an analogue set because it doesn't have a built-in digital Freeview decoder. All of the picture processing is done digitally.

No idea on pricing of the 36NX200 which does have a built-in digital Freeview decoder. One of the mags. out this month has said the 32" will be £2300 and the 36" will be £3000.

I can't believe these will really be the street prices.

Thanks astonbilla for clarifying the issue of 100Hz. If I uderstand correctly that means the Tosh 36ZP18 also is analogue.
Anyone out there can tell me which one would be better buy, Tosh36zp18 or Sony FS76. Has anyone seen any problems with Sony FS76.
I have got sky digital so I am not prepared to pay what sony is asking for their Digital TV.

Cheers

Street prices seem to be about £1650 for the 32NX200 and £2250 for the 36NX200.

I believe that style wise they look the same as the 32FQ80 - which in my opinion is much better looking than the boxy FS76.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom