1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 36 fs76e and ps2 rgb quality

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Quaker2002, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Quaker2002

Quaker2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone who will help me.Yesterday I bought a flaming new sony 36fs76 and no probs for xbox connected to av2 rgb input but the ps2 connected in av1 rgb input is not the same.The quality of picture is not so good specially with winning eleven 7 ntsc that gives lots of ghosting and bad image quality.Please help me.The cable of ps2 connection is compatible rgb scart not original but on older sony 29 it is great.I'm going crazy please help

2. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    try turning of the 100hz option

3. Quaker2002

Quaker2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have done it.Now it is drc-50 mode but still the some roblem here.Nobody else have this prob?please help

4. Quaker2002

Quaker2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I HAVE DONE EVEIRTHING BUT THE PROBLEM IS STILL HERE:pLEASE HELP.IS SOMEONE HERE WHO CAN BRING ME THE SERVICE MANUAL?

5. CIMPSA

CIMPSA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TRy to go into the the tv menu (normal menu, no service menu), and try to find the option to configure RGB. If you cannot find it (it is the option where you can adjust the picture to shift horizontally and vertically), then the TV is not receiving an RGB signal, and maybe is the connection cable's fault.

Soirry for not being more specific.

6. pob

pob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    I got my FS76 yesterday and I'm really unhappy with the picture quality. I've spent the last few hours trying to get it to look right and it just won't play ball. The "personal" setting gives too much edge enhancement. The "movie" mode removes this, but then you can't alter the brightness or contrast (well, you can alter contast, but it changes back when you switch the TV off). Any dark objects (eg: menu item selected in TiVo) cause a band of colour distortion across the whole width of the screen. Really really disappointed with this Sony, and I've always had Sony in the past.

I've contacted John Lewis and they are coming on Friday to collect and refund :-( At least I've still got my KV32FX20 to fall back on to.

Cheers

Phil

7. mattrixdesign

mattrixdesign

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    are your settings correct on the PS2?

Start it with out a disc in, got to options, then video options and choose RGB output.

Does this help?

My PS2 is fine on RGB or S-Video on my JVC W/S TV.

8. Quaker2002

Quaker2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried everithing but visual quality is very bad specially with fast movements of players in winning eleven.My ps2 is set to rgb mode in video output now i wonder if any of you have the service manual,Please help

9. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Just a thought, but you don't have the ps2 chained of another device such as a sky box etc??

i used to have serious problems with certain consoles through my old sky box. Other consoles worked fine.

Worth a try.

Also remember, the problem may have existed on your old set - the larger screen really makes minor faults noticeable.

What does it look like in normal composite mode?