Sony 36" FQ80

A

aqureshi

Hi,

I want to know if these TVs are available from the stores and How do they comparte with Tosh 36ZP18Q. Where Can I find the best prices for these sets.

Cheers

Asad

No such model in the uk as 36" FQ80. There is FS76 and NX200 which both have 36" versions. The former comes out this month and the latter in November.

I have to disagree... Back in July I was sent some information from a contact from Sony UK, about the FS70, FS76 and FQ80.

Unless they have changed their plans, the FQ80 is/was definatly due for release in the UK.

According to the info I had, the FS76 and FQ80 use the same tube as the FS70, but they both use the same new chassis (AE-6A as opposed to the AE-5A in the FS70)

Looking down the list of features, the FS76 and the FQ80 look exactly the same except cosmetically different.

Apparantly, whilst the FS76 uses a new 'chassis', its going to look exactly the same as the FS70, although, the back may be painted or coloured differently.

Saying that, this information was from July and its entirely possible that they are not intending to release the FQ80 after all.

I'm only looking in the latest Sony Style catalogue. It mentions the FQ80 but only in 32" guise. The main diff. between it and FS76 is it has a memory stick and a remote control locator. The tv design is also a lot different. The FQ80 design is referred to as Art Couture.

The only thing I don't like about it is that there is not enough room to place a DVD player, Amp and Video recorder on the stand. Looks like I will have to upgrade my equipment again when I get the 36" NX200 which shares the same styling as the FQ80.

Just spoke to SUK, and there are no plans to launch a KV-36FQ80 in the UK. 36" models to be released in the UK are the KV-36FS76 and KD-36NX200 (idTV)

Humn, according to all the reports and shops including Sony Centres there will be a 36"...BTW I've ordered one from JL.

I'll follow up on this too!

Matt.

Hi Matt,

I am also thinking of ordering from JL. What is the price of the set?

Cheers

Not sure of price yet till they obtain the sets. Looking about....I don't see any 36" advertised or in any news! :(

Two questions:
-Will the 36FS76 have the same technology as the FQ80 ie. vertical stabilisation, reduced a<->d conversion, enhanced DRC etc?

-Why is Sony releasing another iDTV? I though they had probs. getting rid of these due to the collapse of ITV digital? What would be the benifit of the NX200 compared to the FS76?

THANK YOU!

Matt.

Yes the picture features are the same as far the tech. spec. in the Sony catalogue is concerned.
Reason they have released new iDTV is because the BBC/Castle has the new license and they are committed to providing a service. The 8 free channels are still being broadcast and the plans are for 24 tv channels and 6 radio stations to be broadcast in total. Apparently this should be in place by November.

Well with plans to switch off analogue and the amount of FTA on DTTV I would _NOT_ buy a non-ITDV.

They are worth it for the wide screen signals alone!

The only thing that might put people off is price. 32FQ80 = £1500. 36FS76 = £1600. 32NX200 = £1700. 36NX200 = £2300. Apparently the site I got these from say that these are not final prices as they are guestimating them. Site is www.indigo-av.co.uk.

Are there any pics of these new TVs anywhere on the net ? I checked out sony.co.uk, but they're still showing the old ones.

Sony Centre tell me £1800 for the FQ80...although they were trying to get me to buy a FQ75! :)

These prices are CRAZY, if you think how much ie. Panasonic charge for 36" etc. at £100 less than the lowest of these prices!

Matt.

I think most of the new models will be close to the max. price people can get away with. Internet sites may reduce these prices. JL are still selling the 36FS70 at £1800 in Oxford St today.

Give it a couple of months and I'm sure the prices will come down.

Looking at the above site, the FS76 looks to have a different casing compared with the FS70...better in fact.

Matt.

Is it better to have loved and lost or not to have loved at all?
Who cares right?!
Moving swiftly to the minefield that is 36'' tvs.
Is anyone confident that the Sony will outshine the new Strata or Philips? If so do you work for Sony or are you one of us? Just kidding, I would like to buy the Sony, I think, but the link doesn't work to see the FS76 or others.
Any ideas and if JL are selling what is the best price out there?

Please reply in English to me and in all haste.

Thanks. KV

I rang JL in Manchester and the lady on the phone didn't or couldn't order the Sony 4 me as it wasn't on her system???

Those of u who have ordered with JL, which branch is this please?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, Isn't it funny how a bee likes honey, BUZZ, BUZZ, BUZZZZ.

Yep I d like to know as well...I rand Liverpool branch not on system..no date or price.....

32FQ80 for me

There is no 36FQ80..I guess it was down to JL error.

I'll have to think about what TV I want now and order that instead. :(

Thinking bout 36FS76 now as it seems to be one of the same except case.

Matt.

I have just ordered one from JL Bristol. The guy said they will be receiving these new TVs very soon, hence they are taking the orders now from Customers.

Cheers

32FQ75 for £999 at Comet, and JL will match that and throw in 5 yrs warranty.

This is my first new TV in 16 yrs, and I do notice what I can only describe as digital blur on fast moving objects. This is a little disappointing, but from what I've read, it happens on all digitally processed TV's (artifacts, pixelisation, etc).

Anyone know a way of reducing this effect?

Bought and collected mine yeserday from Indigo AV.
£1599 with a £30 delivery fee if required.
At 100kg I made sure I wasn't relying on a one man and a van to deliver it - well worth the 3hr round trip.

Yet to have a good play around but the picture quality compared to my original 100MHz non-WEGA Sony is amazing.

Unfortunately the OSD for AV1 and AV2 do not say RGB like my old set's AV1 did - Sony Helpline says this is no longer displayed on screen - should I believe them or investigate further?
BTW the picture coming through from my DVD is SOOO good it has to be RGB!

Will play some more tonight and report back tomorrow
Cheers
Les

Would love to hear your feedback!

Matt.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom