Sony 3300ES amp best connections

TANKRS15

Can someone:lease: tell me the best way to connect the following equipment.
Sony 46x3500 Tv
Sony 3300Es Amp
PS3
Sony vaio vgn-ar51j
Sky HD
I will chaseing walls for cables, so would like to get it right first time
Thanks in advance

Tankrs

G

gpl1968

Can someone:lease: tell me the best way to connect the following equipment.
Sony 46x3500 Tv
Sony 3300Es Amp
PS3
Sony vaio vgn-ar51j
Sky HD
I will chaseing walls for cables, so would like to get it right first time
Thanks in advance

Tankrs
Connect SkyHD , Laptop and PS3 to the amp with HDMI.
Connect your amp to the tv with HDMI.
If you want to output audio from the tv then you will also need either rca or optical link between tv and amp.

IAN P

Novice Member
Thanks for that. Only asked because someone said i need optical from sky to amp for best sound.:thumbsup:
I thought you could only get 5.1 sound via the optical lead when you're watching sky hd,you can't get 5.1 via hdmi at the moment?i'm open to correction.

G

gpl1968

From a quick search on the SkyHD forum, you may be right. HDMI will carry audio from the HD box but not 5.1.
You then have to assign the hdmi and optical inputs to the sat button, easily done using the gui menu (I have just done similar with my 5300).

Dogfaced

From a quick search on the SkyHD forum, you may be right. HDMI will carry audio from the HD box but not 5.1.
You then have to assign the hdmi and optical inputs to the sat button, easily done using the gui menu (I have just done similar with my 5300).
How is this done, i am trying to set this up for my friend, he's got a 3300Es
He's got Sky HD pluggged into HDMI on the amp. i want assign the sound from skyHD as optical is this possible?
Can anyone please advise

Last edited:

Dogfaced

Thanks for that,

I have the amp set up correctly now for optical for sky hd and it shows dolby digital and the correct speaker setup on the display

but............

The sound is either muffled, no speech and generally bad, although it works intermittently .

Could anyone advise if this is the sky box, the amp or the optical cable's fault

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom