• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony 32W4000 & CI slot

kosta0955

Standard Member
Hi!

I recently bought Sony 32W4000 which has the CI DVB slot. I have put the original Conax CAM in it, but it's not recognised by the tv set. The menu entry "CA Module Setup" is inaccessable, it says "Available only when CA module is inserted", but the module is inserted. When the CAM is inserted, TV doesn't open any DVB-T channel (scrambled or not!), it says "This programme is not availbale".
I also tried some others CAMs (Aston, Magic...) - same thing... All CAMs work fine in the satellite receiver ...
Did anyone else had problem like this ? Firmware version is B.N-EJ-CS-C.T.GC-A.CY.T, maybe just an upgrade could solve this ...

Tnx!

Last edited:

Dom_94

Standard Member
The menu entry "CA Module Setup" is inaccessable, it says "Available only when CA module is inserted", but the module is inserted. When the CAM is inserted, TV doesn't open any DVB-T channel (scrambled or not!), it says "This programme is not availbale".
Hello
Sorry for my poor english, I'm french.
I also had the same problem the first time as I put my PowerCam module in my 40W4000, the line " CA Module Setup " remained tinted (grey).
I believed that my TV was out of order...
I had the idea to switch off my Sony with the switch of the top and, having restarted it, the problem was resolved.
(I cannot explain the reason of this mystery!)
Maybe that you have the same problem and that my answer will help you.
Cordially.
Dom_94

Edit: Attention, by putting the CAM, the logo of the module must be directed to the back.

Last edited:

kosta0955

Standard Member
Hello
Sorry for my poor english, I'm french.
I also had the same problem the first time as I put my PowerCam module in my 40W4000, the line " CA Module Setup " remained tinted (grey).
I believed that my TV was out of order...
I had the idea to switch off my Sony with the switch of the top and, having restarted it, the problem was resolved.
(I cannot explain the reason of this mystery!)
Maybe that you have the same problem and that my answer will help you.
Cordially.
Dom_94

I tried restarting tv couple of times with different ways and combinations and nothing helped :(
Tnx anyway!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom