Sony 32V3000 and Seperate Freeview PVR ?

topgazza

Distinguished Member
My Sony has a superb Freeview tuner and I get razor sharp images. I have a Sky+ box which I would love to get rid of but the + feature is a must have. I've looked through the forum and I'm not clear what my options are for a top quality PVR with + features...I presume twin tuner.

As I don't need Freeview as such...but assume a Freeview box would bypass the TV freeview as I need that twin tuner bit what are the best twin tuner Freeview PVRs out there please ?

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
The benefit to you (i.e. someone with a Freeview tuner in the TV) of having a twin-tuner recorder would be the ability to record two programmes at the same time (or overlapping).

For live watching, you would (probably) still use the TV's tuner and you can do so in addition to anything the recorder may be doing.

Answer: Topfield and Humax, probably.

(Moved thread to PVRs forum)

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Thanks for replying

I am looking at the Topfields and noticed a Sharp as well. Interesting that none of the big boys supply this market in any significant way.

I use the pause TV function on Sky + a lot as well as the record one/watch another feature.....so I can skip through adverts. In fact nearly all my Sky channel/ITV/4/5 watching is done through record/playback for that reason.

So I guess I would use the PVR more than the TV. Looked at Freesat but at the moment its a bit light on programmes

alsina

Novice Member
Thanks for replying

I am looking at the Topfields and noticed a Sharp as well. Interesting that none of the big boys supply this market in any significant way.

I use the pause TV function on Sky + a lot as well as the record one/watch another feature.....so I can skip through adverts. In fact nearly all my Sky channel/ITV/4/5 watching is done through record/playback for that reason.

So I guess I would use the PVR more than the TV. Looked at Freesat but at the moment its a bit light on programmes
They have in the past, but there is very little money to be made when up against the cheap PVR's on the market. The 'Big Boys' tend to go down the DVD/HDD recorder route which can be a more flexible device and 'bells and whistles' features can be added more easily to differentiate between themselves and other brands.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom