Sony 32U2000U

Undercover82

Novice Member
Hi guys, felt this topic needed raising since there is (as far as i can see) no talk of this LCD (Sony 32U2000U) on the forum. Why is this? Is it a rare model or something?

Just checked prices and it looks pretty decent.

Without wasting any more time, i was considering getting either a Toshiba 32WLT66 or a Samsung LE32R74BD (or 73BD).

Having a dilemma choosing between the Toshiba and the Samsung because when i viewed both i concluded that the Toshiba was considerably better at SD, whereas the Samsung was quite poor at SD however was stunning in HD. I didn't get the chance to view the Toshiba in HD however i'm sure it'll be good on that score too. Problem is that i also need to hook up my pc too and i've read that the Toshiba is very poor on that side of things. So since i'll be using SD half the time and HD the other half of the time, neither the Toshiba or the Samsung are perfect for my needs.

So does anyone have any views on the Sony 32U2000U and can anyone possibly comment on how it fares against the Toshiba and Samsung? Also, if not the Sony, can anyone recommend any other display within the same approximate price band that would be more suitable for me? I'm not a badge freak, so the brand doesn't bother me - i just need a decent display.

Thanks.

PH001

I too would be very interested to hear peoples experiences with the Sony KDL-32U2000U - the spec looks very good and it is available for £599 from Richer Sounds!!!

nigel2shady

Novice Member
Hi got the KDL 32U2000 and really happy with it I payed £850 for myne but it did come with a glass stand and plus was a local shop so did not have to pay for delivery...Very good TV also for gaming I hooked it up no bother to my Xbox 360 and plays well in HD...

matt1

Novice Member
Problem is that i also need to hook up my pc too and i've read that the Toshiba is very poor on that side of things...

So does anyone have any views on the Sony 32U2000U and can anyone possibly comment on how it fares against the Toshiba and Samsung?...
If you look here you'll find the U series aren't great for use as a PC monitor due to the pixel mapping issue. And moving up to the S or V range of Sony screens will cost a bit more - but it will allow proper use as a PC monitor. The Samsung is supposed to have poor sound but good PQ. Sony are supposed to be releasing some new models, for a little more info read here or here- might be worth waiting incase of price drops on the current models. :D

matt1

Novice Member
That's fair enough about the audio, I was contemplating the same thing but my Hifi isn't positioned near my PC.

Looks like I double tapped the paste key when making that link, should work fine now.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom