• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony 32s2530 to Samsung 46c750 - is this a significant upgrade

xmbs

First of all please forgive me if this is an obvious question.

Apart from the obvious size improvement, and the fact that this TV will have 1080p and 3D capabilities (I know those in themselves are extremely significant) is there going to be a large improvement in 2D picture quality between these two sets? – Is there conversely anything that I am likely to think was better on the old TV?

By way of background the Sony TV is almost 4 years old now and was bought as a replacement for a 25 inch Sony CRT (which was itself a replacement for a 14inch Sony CRT) – In fact this would be the first non Sony TV in the family since 1969 odd apparently – which if nothing else is exaggerated brand loyalty.

In any case apart from the larger screen size I need to justify the not insignificant outlay this would be (when as I am told the Sony is still working perfectly well – which is true) so thanks for any thoughts.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom