• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony 32S vs Sony 32V

Ramspeed

Established Member
I'm ready to go for one of these. My eyes (and everything I've read) tell me they're the best around. Is there ANY difference between the two other than the WCG backlight on the V? If not I'll probably save myself a few hundred quid and go for the S.

Cheers

stevogums

Established Member
You will regret going for the S...if you have the money for the V..
You say your eyes..Does this mean you have viewed both,with a HD feed and DVDs for a quick test..
I spent some time viewing both side by side in John Lewis with various feeds..The V looks far superior to the S...and worth the extra cash in my opinion..
View both yourself ...then decide...(if you havnt already)

Yannis

Established Member
Two Greek magazines have tested both sets in the 40 inch versions (i haven't heard anyhting about UK based ones until now).
The one gave both 40S2010 and 40V2010 the same score for PQ (9.2/10) and recomended the S between the two for having better value for money, while the other one gave a small edge to V series overall (4.7/5 vs 4.6/5).
The levels of black were measured to be exactly the same in the two sets while the contrast was better in the V (probably color space=wide has to be used for that). On the other hand the color reproduction was very accurate in the S (colors show as they are) and not accurate in the V.

So V series is slightly better but maybe not so much to justify the price difference.

Ramspeed

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. I have indeed tested both with various feeds in JL. The V definitely has more 'vibrant' colour but I couldn't really decide if the colour was more natural or not.

But to touch on my original question again. Am I right in saying that the the 32" S and the V are technically IDENTICAL with the exception of the colour enhancing WCG backlight on the V?

Yannis

Established Member
Ramspeed said:
But to touch on my original question again. Am I right in saying that the the 32" S and the V are technically IDENTICAL with the exception of the colour enhancing WCG backlight on the V?

Yup i would say that you are right. Even if you look both sets from above (inside the grilles) they seem to be identical.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom