1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony 32nx100 s/w update

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dbarr9, Jun 12, 2003.

1. dbarr9

dbarr9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please confirm that you can update the s/w for the sony 32nx100 via the PCMCIA socket ?

I'm having problems getting Sony to update the s/w ( missed the over the air update in April). The Sony helpdesk say that on the newer sets and engineer has to visit as the back has to be removed from the TV.

David

2. Boggy

Boggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

The update on these models requires access to the service mode to upgrade the software. so not upgradable by the customer. If you are only missing the parliment channel I would wait for the next version which should cure the widescreen switching problem with V1.04

Regards

Boggy

3. dbarr9

dbarr9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. Am I correct in saying that you still plug a module into the PCMCIA socket but access the service mode to load the s/w ?

Sony mentioned there was another upgrade soon but could not confirm when. My problem is not the parliment channel - its that annoying STEREO banner that keeps popping up on some channels.

What's the widescreen switching problem on 1.04 ? Does 1.03 also have this problem ?

david

4. Vaughn

Vaughn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

David, my 32DX100 got upgraded to 1.04 in January and I can confirm that it did solve the flashing STEREO banner problem. (See http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62752)

I caught the upgrade over the air, but I think Sony will send out a card if you keep pestering them for one. Depends how long they say you've got to wait for the next software transmission to come - I haven't seen a schedule posted recently.

Vaughn

5. dbarr9

dbarr9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the end I managed to get Sony to send a card to their regional service centre. They will call next week to do the upgrade (they wouldn't send me the card to do it myself).

David