1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 32KLV32m1 Owners - Any good??

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by The Tonester, Apr 7, 2005.

1. The Tonester

The Tonester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone out there got any comments on their sony. Just ordered one with a RDRGX500 DVD recorder to boot with 5 years warranty for £1590.

There is a distinct lack of comments on them on this forum so any owner comments would be appreciated.

My main question is does anyone get any motion blur or other picture issues with this set?

They seem to stand out picture quality wise everywhere I've seen them but I noticed since I ordered mine that the response time is down as 22 ms.

It looks like they are frowned on on this forum based on the whole HDMI issue in the main. But I'm not too bothered about that and can wait for the whole HDTV thing to find it's feet. Its now I'm bothered about and this TV looks good enough to eat.

2. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    At the end of the day, you have to read what is posted here, all the reviews, then use your own eyes and buy what you personally like. Otherwise we would all own Phillps or Sharp screens!

3. Mike_b

Mike_b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought one of these and am very happy. I have seen no motion blur on DVD or freeview. We don't have and will not be getting sky so the HD? debate was not important to me.

Of the shop demos I saw the sony was the least worst (I never saw a good LCD picture on any screen in any shop). I also reviewed the forum for comments, and I took away the feeling that nobody was reporting any problems, compared with the other front runners.
    But in the end you just have to step off the cliff, and I am enjoying the fall so far

4. The Tonester

The Tonester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your comments Mike B.
    The Sony looks great in shop demmos and the PQ seems to always stand out compaired with others on display. But it always seems to be the standrad "finding Nemo" type pixar stuff with bright vibrant colours showing in every demo.
    Obviuosly it shows the set off to it's full potential - which is fine for DVD images.

It was general viewing that I was interested in. Mrs Tonester won't be too happy if Eastenders starts going all blurry and I wouldn't be over grand if my football starts developing some crazy glows around it.

I have cable digital at the mo - but The DVD recorder I've ordered comes with Freeview (appently?) so it was freeview and cable singnals that were of my concern.

Obviously I've been looking for ages and narrowed it down to a few screens of my choice - based on demos and other owners opinions on this forum. It's mainly impatience and the price thats made me plump for the Sony.

The proof is in the pudding - lets just hope the TV don't turn out to be a pudding too.

5. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If you are so concerned with the quality of 'normal' TV why don't you go for a set that will be HD ready? HiDef broadcasts are going to fantastic for the likes of football matches and even the dreaded Eastenders (although that is improving of late...).

No Sony's are HD Ready but there are plenty of others that are...

Jimmy