1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 32FX68 vs 32DX150 ????

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jerkyboy, Dec 21, 2003.

1. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am I missing something ???.

From what I can gather the Sony KD-32DX150 is a better spec than the KV32FQ70 (DRC, built in digital tuner) but the two sets are pretty much the same price.

Am I missing something, why would anyone go for the FQ70 ??.

I am after one of these sets mainly for use as a games TV, the Picture enhancing DRC hopefully will make my Xbox shine.

Anyone got either of these sets, and problems.

Help me please !!!!!

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Go for the IDTV SOny Tuners are good

3. herbert

herbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I bought an FQ70 (which looks top notch so far) last week because : -

1 - I could get the FQ70 around £100 cheaper than the DX 150, I paid £870.80 by buying through Allders.com (who have been superb to deal with) and price matching against dixons.com, I also got a free 5 year warranty.

2 - According to http://www.freeview.co.uk/ I can't get freeview in my area and according to reports the DX150 isn't that great with analogue signals, whether it's actually tuned towards handling digital signals I don't know..

3 - I already use NTL for digital cable and if I changed to anything it would be to Sky so I could get Sky+.

Saying all that, if you do intend to use Freeview, the DX150 sounds like a good set.

4. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I cant understand how the FQ70 can be cheeper.

It has no Digital recceiver built in and does not feature the DRC picture enhancement.

Have Sony gone mad, or is there something I am missing ???

5. steve2001

steve2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i believe john lewis price match with any walk in shops and also throw in a 5 year guarrantee.
    go look at john lewis thread very in lightening.if you price match the sony 150 and 70 with price runner you will find theres not much price differ