1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 32FX68 question.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by SystemBlack, Oct 22, 2004.

1. SystemBlack

SystemBlack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently purchased a Thomson DVHS recorder and was delighted to find that the recommended connection to my TV is through an RGB enabled Scart socket. Out comes the "all 21 pins wired" cable and hey presto, all seems fine. I do notice, however, that there is vertical banding on the picture of approximately 20mm pitch. Is there something I haven't done or is it a symptom of this type of signal. I suppose it could be the deck itself as I don't notice it when I select the DVD recorder through the S-VHS connection on the tv or it may be interference from other equipment. Has anyone else noticed this or do I need to do some tinkering.
    :confused:

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +752
    Have you got a DECT phone base station quite close to the TV?
    If so, move it!

At first I thought my FX68 was faulty until I ((initiallyfor other reasons) moved the phone to another location.
    This simple remedt worked for another forum member with this TV too!
    I don't know why though!

3. SystemBlack

SystemBlack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks but I don't recall my phone giving any problems. DECT isn't a term I'm familiar with but my Panasonic cordless telephone base station is in the hall, approx 15' from the tv and DVHS deck. I have all my other av stuff in a custom built rack 12' from the tv so I am going to crawl through the "spaghetti" behind the unit and install the Thomson in it too. The only thing is that I'll have to use the SVHS output into the amp but it is a pretty good signal from my other stuff so I don't foresee any major headaches and I'll "scart" it into my DVD recorder to edit films etc.
    Thank you again for the suggestion, perhaps I just have too much stuff period.
    Time for a rethink, who needs two cassette decks anyway?