1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 32FQ75 out of focus on left

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by meridian506, Sep 6, 2001.

1. meridian506

meridian506

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, has anyone had the same problem that I've got with my new Sony KV32FQ75?

It was delivered on Tuesday by John Lewis (they price matched to £1284 from <a href="http://www.electrocentre.com" target="_blank">www.electrocentre.com</a> !!), but at the middle (vertically) of the far left the picture is badly out of focus. You can't tell with normal pictures, but bring up a programme synopis on sky digital and the first few words are nearly unreadable.

If anyone has had the same problem I'd be interested to know how it was cured. New set or simple fix?

Cheers.

2. I am maximus

I am maximus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have one of these tvs ,it is a known problem if you go to <a href="http://www.Kv32tweak.freeuk.com" target="_blank">www.Kv32tweak.freeuk.com</a> and the forum there loads of people with the same problem I also have this fault although this is not too bad as far as I am concerned I can live with it .Sony are very aware of this problem!!!!!!I believe there is no cure for the fault the buzzing that can be heard is also not great but is within working tolerances and the picture distortion at high levels of contrast and brightness are not applicable.If you go into the service mode you can find some quite interesting stuff also(easy to use)let me know how you get on I hope this helps.Cheers I am maximus

3. meridian506

meridian506

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, so this is a common problem.

JL have said they'll swap the TV when they get some stock from Sony...sounds like it might not do the trick.

Oh well, I live in hope! Apart from this, the picture is fantastic in DRC50.