Sony 32FQ75 different problem

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by chrismoore, Feb 17, 2002.

1. chrismoore

chrismoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody had this problem with their set. After the Tv has been on for a couple of hours or so it makes a sort of electrical noise, the picture goes off and then comes back on again on the channel that I was watching. It sometimes happens three or four times a night but only when watching terrestrial TV and occasionally DVD but never with SKY

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a similar problem on a sony 29". I think its probably a dry joint on one of the circuit boards.

3. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chris

I occasionally (may be once or twice a week) get a loud pop/cracking sounds with a rapid blink on the picture. Certainly not from plastic expansion but similar to it. Put that to transmission interference. Like you said, not on DVD playback.

fwan

4. chrismoore

chrismoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi fwan, This is totaly different. I lose the picture for about ten seconds like somebody has just pulled the arial out and then put it back in again. Apart from this the picture is excellent but this problem seams to be getting worse as it only did it once or twice a week when I first got the set in October last year.
    Any way going to ring sound and vision tommorow and see what they say. I thought I'd try the forum first

5. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chris

This doesn't look right, does it? Get it checked out and if the cause is not found, get a new set. Don't let anyone tell you that is a "characteristic" of the set !!!!

Please update us after the engineer visit.

fwan

6. chrismoore

chrismoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Rang Sond and Vision and spoke to one of their technical guys.
    He said he thought it might be the AFT settings in the further set up option menu. Its suppost to stregnthen or weaken the signal from the arial to the TV. It's the one that goes +15 to -15. He said I should try setting it up or down. To tell you the truth he's just trying to fob me off. If you take the settings too far in either way the pictire becomes grainy and I've got it just perfect the way it is now.
    Anyway I'll give them another call next week to tell them to come and look at the set or take it away.
    If that fails I'll give the Sony technical guys a ring.
    Will let you know the outcome

7. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, Chris

I agree with your logic. If it was that setting that wasgiving the problem, why was the fault intermittent ? They should at least make a visit and check it out. Don't let them fob you off. Often than never these tech guys from all sectors try to pull a fast one if you don't know a bit of knowledge.

Keep us posted.

Good luck

fwan