Sony 32EX43B - Any reviews on suitability for bedroom

ronanmagee

Standard Member
Hi guys,

Looking for a tv for the bedroom and like the Sony 32EX43B as it's got built in blu ray. It's going to be at the end of the bed, about 6ft away so 32" is more then good enough but I'm struggling to find any reviews about it.

Would anyone recommend this set or an alternative, at least with built in DVD?

Ronan

Bum - Just realised it's only 50Hz, would have preferred something @ 100Hz for the footie.

Last edited:

vickster

Distinguished Member
Better to get separates or at least a long warranty as there are two bits to go wrong

I doubt there is a 100hz model with BR, best go for separates (100hz isn't so crucial for a 32")

ronanmagee

Standard Member
Thanks Vickster,

Understand the reason for separating the 2 but this TV will be wall mounted so I don't have room for individual TV and Blu Ray.

I'm also glad to hear that 32" LCD don't suffer from 100Hz as badly as some of the plasmas, so this Sony at 50Hz might do the job.

If anyone has any experience with this TV I'd be grateful to hear how you have found it and if there have been any issues? I can get a standard 1year warranty with at a cost, delivered of £400.

Brand wise I'm not bothered but I do have have a Panny V20 Plasma as my main TV so if it was possible to share a separate Blu Ray player between main room and bedroom I would consider that.

Ronan

vickster

Distinguished Member
The 100hz thing is different for LCDs and plasmas (do a search on subfield). The 100hz processing you refer to for football is relvant to LCD technology. All plasmas handle motion better regardless.

Similarly, use the search box for feedback on that particular model - I don't think many people have taken the plunge though.

ronanmagee

Standard Member
Decided to go with this set. Really good picture and easy setup, looks great on Bluray, but the noise of the drive is unbearable when watching with a low volume. I've had it returned and "fixed" but the noise is still there. It's a high pitched squeaking noise which changes as the disk speeds up or slows down.

Is there any lube that can be applied inside the Bluray drive to help reduce it or some DIY insulating to help reduce?

Ronan

ronanmagee

Standard Member
So high pitched squeaking noise started to fade thankfully, only to find the drive wouldn't accept the discs anymore and that the digital TV tuner started playing up! Back to get fixed again, hopefully this will solve all my problems as it is quite a good set.

The latest video from AVForums

Philips OLED807 Review, The High Price of Hi-Fi, Video Processors plus AV / HiFi News & More
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom