Sony 32DX40

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by mayhemmaster, Jun 17, 2002.

1. mayhemmaster

mayhemmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had a look at 28in version of this and the pic looked great, I know it's 50hz, but does anyone know if it's DRC, Sony site doesn't show this, but one advert I saw said that it was, does anyone have this product? DRC doubles the resolution I believe and 50hz DRC is the highest possible res - so this would probably explain the pic quality, any comments welcomed! Cheers!

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    No its not DRC. Its just plain 50hz.

DRC is on the FQ75 and DX100 models with a choice of 50hz DRC or 100 hz DRC.

3. mayhemmaster

mayhemmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Simon, So a 32FX20 would be just as good? I can get one for £599.00!

4. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    It could be even better than DX40. I know that the DX30 was superior to the DX40, it having one more scart socket.

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    The DX40 is an IDTV so it would be better!

FX20 is the Pal equivalent of my DX20

The Sony DVB-T tuners are just about the best DTV tuners there are, my KV32DX is best on its own DVB-T tuner - much better than the PAL tuner or an Ondigital Nokia box, or even a Pace DTVA

So of course my main viewing comes from Internal DVB-T tuner in RGB or DVD via RBG Scart.

Try BBC1 via Sony IDTV :D :) :cool:

You can keep Sky, and the rest!

6. mayhemmaster

mayhemmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just picture quality that intersts me really, I know it's the old debate, but I reallyhave yet to see a 100hz model that impresses, had a look at the 32pl10 and there seemed to be a fine screen over the picture, had a look at pixel plus and that was just horrible. In the showroom they were playing Fast & Furious, still scenes were mind blowing but moving scenes were horrible...
    So for now I think I will get a nicam 50hz.
    I liked the picture on the 32dx40 and thought it might be DRC (thanks Simon) but its not, and I don't really need the digital as I have Sky!
    Other options
    Sony 32fx20
    Panny 32pl1
    JVC 32wft1
    Different mags have different views, so god only knows, there is just no way one showroom is going to have all three models to compare, infact the 32fx20 may be impossible to find (saw a model in an HyperFi ad.). Some showrooms split a signal to all the TV's so the quality is poor, ask them to demo and they look at you as though you have the plague!
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers