1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony 32dx150 and panasonic dvd recorder best way to connect for best recording

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by get1a2get1a2, Aug 6, 2004.

1. get1a2get1a2

get1a2get1a2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a sony dx150 2rgb sockets and 1 for video whats best way to conect so i can record in rgb and play in rgb aslo still use smartlink if possible

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    I am not 'up' on that model of IDTV but I'm not sure your be able to record in RGB unless you buy a seperate set-top box (a limitation on most IDTVs I'm afraid).

Although the TV has 2 RGB sockets these are inputs, not outputs. You'll probably find (and I could be mistaken on this) that it will only output Video or S-Video signals. You'll need to check the specifications in the TV's manual. Assuming I'm right the way to connect it up is:

TV Out > AV2 on the Panasonic DVDR and then AV1 > TV EXT1 (RGB In)

Ensure AV2 is set to S-Video or Video (Composite) depending upon what you TV can output and ensure AV1 is set to RGB output. Ensure that AV1 and AV2 are set to 'Normal' as well and that you use reasonable quality Scart leads as well.

If you buy a seperate set-top box then you can setup as follows:

DVB RGB Out > AV2 on the Panasonic DVDR and then AV1 > TV EXT1 (RGB In)

...with AV1 and AV2 both set to 'RGB'.

I'm sorry I can't be more help but we can work though your setup step by step until it's working properly...