1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY 32DX100 Owners?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by simon1, Apr 15, 2002.

1. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I have looked at this tv in catalogues and brochures. All the images I have seen have illustrated the tv's stand with the rear leg silver (matching the front two) and without the large holes for cable.

However, every store I've been seems to be using a slightly different stand to that. On their stands, the rear leg is coloured grey. There is one large hole for lower shelf use and a semi-circle hole for the top shelf use. What really spoils it though is where the back foot of the tv meets the top of the rear leg - it doesn't match!

I hope I'm making sense.

I can't understand why the store's stands are so different to the pics on the net/brochures, etc.

Also I noticed in one catalogue, they had the stand upside down. It didn't look wrong and infact left more room for the top shelf.

Can any one comment on the way their stand looks and if it seemed feasable to use the stand the wrong way round (from what they remember about building it).

Cheers

2. CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    perhaps you could use the stand upside down, but i fear it would be less stable. the bottom of the stand has a hemisphere of black hard plastic as a foot on each side. the top of the stand has two thin rectangular strips of the same plastic, used to sit the TV itself on.

3. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Thanks CoachPotato

Couldn't quite understand your description, so basicly does it look like this attachment or how I described the in-store models?

Anyone else?

Thanks

Attached Files:

4. CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    on my stand there is one hole in the back at lower shelf level. it can be fully open or semi circular.

the rear leg is dark grey, but with a digibox and video on the shelves i cannot see it.

- being picky about the stand;

it doesnt meet the tv as neatly as i think it should, the join is quite noticeable. i think it (the join line) may have been removed all together from some sony marketing/product images.

the tv also seems to be noticably lighter in the image you have posted above than on my own set. this is probably down to the studio setting the photo was taken in.

5. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Thanks CoachPotato

Sounds like you have the same as the store ones I saw.

Sony are a bit crafty using images like they use in the brochure and on their site. You can hardly see any join at all in their photos. Looks like they've used some jigery pokery to enhance the look of the stand.

6. CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no problem :)

do you know what is the difference between the DX100S and DX100U? my reciept from the shop says the former, while my sony tv box states the latter....hrmm?

perhaps they are supplied with different stands.

7. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    'U' means Tv only

'S' means Tv + stand inclusive