Sony 32D3000/Philips 32PFL9632D Reliable sites to purchase from

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Spikeout, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Spikeout

Spikeout
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, since I am literally 4 days away from ordering an HDTV I came here to make sure I get the right advice on what site to order from & your opinions on the two TV's I've shortlisted. Now I know there are tons of threads regarding the Philips 32D & Sony D3000 but as time goes on opinions can change, so if you would care to gimme so insight in how the respective TV's have performed for you since these two seem to be the cream of the crop of 32" HDTV's.

The next issue is where do I buy my chosen TV from, Empire Direct & Amazon seem to be superb on the prices & popular in terms on number of people using them. I live in N Ireland so I am slightly worried about ordering from outside of N Ireland (eg Empire Direct in England) incase something goes wrong with the TV & I have to get it posted back to the dealer. Is it a must to get a warranty with the TV I buy & can any of you recommend the best sites in terms of price for the TV itself & a good deal on the warranty. I found a site called electricalexperience.co.uk that has the Philips 32D at £649 with free delivery can anyone vouch for that site?

Also how are the updates coming along for the Philips TV, do they release updates every month? Have they improved the function, picture quality etc any?

Thanks in advance for your help, I've held of getting an HDTV for what seems like a year now & I'm finally jumping on board the bandwagon.....

2. straygoat

straygoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've never had any problems with Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com. Admittedly, I've never had to return anything large, but when I had to return some faulty region 1 dvds to America, they said don't bother sending them back to us, we'll just send you some replacements. That's good service! I am pretty sure that they refund you the postage for returns, but can't be certain.