Sony 32cs70 or fq86?? (worth the extra cash?)

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Chrisrd, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Chrisrd

Chrisrd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, first post here but reading around here for a while... bear with me :)
    Decisions decisions... with a price difference of about €170 (about 110 pounds) the FQ86 is a little more expensive. Worth that extra cash? It's hard to compare them in stores... what do you think? Thanks a lot for your help! (i'm about 2 mouseclicks away from ordering one of the 2).

2. Maxi_TK96

Maxi_TK96
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Beware! The FQ86 has problems due to motion compensation meaning the new Advanced 100 hz Digital Motion -filter is buggy. More info here.

3. Chrisrd

Chrisrd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the link...
    I saw the two sets lined up playing a dvd, i decided on the fq86... there was quite a noticable difference. For example, the letters in an intro were way sharper, the overal image was brighter and clearer... i was sold and am eagerly awaiting delivery. I don't think these new sets have the problems of the first sets, in any case, i saw just about a perfect image from dvd on the fq86. Thanks again...

4. Maxi_TK96

Maxi_TK96
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Atleast here in Finland the people who have gotten FQ86 have complained about the new filter but I don't know whether they have the same batch here. I suggest checking out the picture before making the decision.