sony 32"w705c or samsung 32"J6300?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by OmegaLion, Jul 13, 2015.

1. OmegaLion

OmegaLion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    which of these two should i buy? I'll use it primarily for gaming and bluray movies/netflix

2. Ossie77

Ossie77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
  3. desinho

desinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    The Sony is a 50(60)Hz model so no Motion Interpolation feature available (just the 'BFI' as spoken off in the Samsung review as well) but given your primary use you wouldn't want them turned on anyway (adds to lag tremendously and negates 24p playback). Input lag on the Sony is 13ms(!) according to a recent Polish review vs 42ms on the Samsung according to the review above. Black value and therefore contrast are better on the Sony but not as perfect a colour calibration as the Samsung but still perfectly acceptable already out-of-the-box.
    The Samsung seems to handle motion a bit better (but not sure if they don't have anything turned on*) and if needed has the tools to do so (a BFI mode that is actually useable for instance and doesn't add much lag normally unlike motion interpolation).

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  4. Jason72

Jason72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi,
    I need to buy a 32" tv for the bedroom and it's down to either the Samsung UE32J6300 or the slightly older Samsung UEH6400. I think picture quality is the no 1 thing for me, as we already have three 3D tv's (Panasonic VT50 and GT50 and older Samsung). Would have loved a freesat tuner but not possible on these models. I can pick either up for around £300. Great price.
    Any advice. Would consider other makes if picture quality is good, but I cannot find a Panasonic with full HD for this price.
    Greg