Sony 32" LCD - SCART2 Combined input/output problem

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by flyinghaggis, Aug 30, 2007.

1. flyinghaggis

flyinghaggis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My girlfriends dad's bought a new TV and has a DVD player plugged into the 1st SCARTconnection and a VCR plugged into the 2nd SCART. The DVD player works OK but the VCR keeps cutting out to a blank screen every 30 seconds or so for a couple of seconds then flicks back to the VCR video it should be playing.
    I've not had a chance to play about switching cables but I noticed that the secondary SCART is apparantly a "combined input/output" (whereas the first connection is input only AFAIK). I cant find an option to change this setting in the menu and was wondering if anyone else had encountered a similar problem. I'm guessing it's down to the SCART detecting that it's recieving input from the VCR and switching between input/output modes which is what's causing the screen to got blank randomly?
    I had a read of the manual but it doesn't really explain how the modes should work? I'm guessing I'm probably being a noob but I've ran a search of the forum and can't find anyone with the same problem?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

TIA