Sony 32 FX65

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Laingy, Jul 19, 2001.

1. Laingy

Laingy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just purchased the Sony 32 FX65. When using the TV with DVD (via the RGB or s video) I have the following problems.

The colours in daylight scenes are bright and vivid but in dark scenes the picture appears to be very black. I understand that this is how sony set their TVs up and this can be altered through the installation menu. Does anyone have experiences with the installation menu and if they have made any changes.

When playing DVD through via my processor (tag av32r) I connect the DVD via an svideo to the processor and then an svideo to scart to the TV. If I connect to the TV via scart 1 - RGB the picture is black and white, but the other scarts are colour. But if I connect from the DVD to the TV, SCART to SCART - the picture is in colour on the RGB SCART and other SCART

can anyone help?

cheers

Cameron

2. Darren_L

Darren_L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, I've got exactly the same set. I'll have a look tonight to see if I can provide any tips.

For the moment, my DVD player is connected directly to the TV's AV1 using a 21-pin Scart (IXOS). The DVD player is set to output an RGB signal. The digital audio out from the DVD is fed into the digital input on my Receiver (Sony STR-DB940).

The RGB signal gives a better picture than s-video so it's generally recommended to set things up this way.

Hope this helps for now :)