1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 32 FX-66 or LS-65?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by smoking_gunn, Aug 18, 2002.

1. smoking_gunn

smoking_gunn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What are the main differences between these sets, other than the FX-66 seems to have a problem when viewing NTSC.

I've read in here that a blue line appears on top of the screen in dark scenes on a region 1-film...

And on the other hand there is a guy posting in here, named squirrel, who claims that his LS-60 shows NTSC perfectly .

So, why is the FX more expensive than the LS, if it has NTSC problems, and again:

What are the differences between these tv's?

I appreciate your help,
    Smoking Gunn

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Smoking Gunn,

You will only confuse yourself by reading threads such as the "blue line" error threads. I suggest that when errors and problems with sets are claimed on the forum, that you search for more evidence than just a single person complaining. As an example, search the forum and read about Panasonic TVs and NTSC. You will then find that lots of people have posted about moire problems. Or read the now infamous Sony Scrolling Bars thread and see that lots of people posted complaints about scrolling bars on their FQ75s.

Think about it - if someone is complaining that every single TV he tries has this "blue line" error, don't you think more people would be going on about it on the forum if it actually affected all these TVs? Don't you think everybody would be buying PAL-encoded disks rather than NTSC-encoded disks instead? Don't you think we would all be up in arms that none of our TVs displayed NTSC without such problems? Unless you live in Denmark and/or own the same DVD player as Danish Drummer, I wouldn't worry. This is not a problem that is common. ;)

And yes, I have no problems with NTSC on my LS-60. Nor did I have problems with NTSC on the Philips and JVC sets I owned before that. And I'm sure the vast majority of forum members have no problems with NTSC on their sets either. :)

I hope you now feel a bit better about it. :)

Regards,

Some guy named Squirrel :D