Sony 305 or 405?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by SwindonTim, Feb 1, 2003.

1. SwindonTim

SwindonTim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need a DVD player with a child lock to prevent my kids from trashing the disk tray. The only decent player I can find with this feature are the Sony machines. Therefore I've got a choice between the 305 and 405 - which one should I buy?

2. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 405 and it seems an excellent machine - it's only about £20 more than the 305 [and you may get a better deal than that from some online retailers]. Both (as far as I can tell from limited opinions) are good players - but the 405 offers more connection options (s-video as well as Scart plus optical as well as coaxial digital audio). Also it has "digital video enhancer" to tweak the picture, if you want to. And - with more direct relevance to your question - it also has an easier method of entering parental control passwords compared to the 305.

3. SwindonTim

SwindonTim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice. Where's the best place to get a MR version of the 405 - a lot of sites seem to show out of stock for this?

4. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm afraid I don't know - I got my machine (region 2 only) from my local Sony dealer, on a special offer, as I bought it with my TV.

Best idea is to put a new question on this forum - there are plenty of folk with advice on multiregion.