1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 28ls60u concave curve ??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by manicjon, Jan 3, 2003.

1. manicjon

manicjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is for the man that knows all about this tv (squirrel god) and anyone else that can help?

Ive had my sony 28ls60 for about 3 months and on a hole its great no buzzing and pic was good apart from a little curve in the middle of the screen witch i thought i could live with but now after a few months when things pan across the screen fast its like being in a gold fish bole ive looked in the service menus to see if i could make it better but no change.

So i made a call to sony and they have told me i have a fault on the tv with one of the parts? An enganeer is calling out soon to look at my tv (from empire direct).

Has anyone got any idea what is going on or is it my eyes.

Oh and my brother has just had his from empire and he's got a fantastic pic but buzzes from the back (Yes its going back)

Help Please......

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know what you mean by curve. An actual curve in the glass or a dip in the geometry near the centre? If it only happens in Smart mode, then it's normal. It shouldn't happen in Wide mode.

Also, if you look down on the tube from the top while the TVs on, it will appear a little concave. Flat screen TVs do.

3. manicjon

manicjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok Squirrel god, what i mean is there is a dip in the geometry on all modes, the same tv my brother had and his picture was perfect no dip at all and his service menu setting were very differant from mine.

Do you no if i can change the settings in the menu to help this type of geometry?

Thanks.

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, I get you now :)

But why are you asking if you can get in the service menu to adjust this if you know your brother's TV has different service menu settings??? Surely that implies that you've already been in the service menu :confused:

Anyway, as you have a service engineer calling round anyway, it would be better if you let him do it because if he can't rectify it to your satisfaction then you can pursue repair/replacement. It's also better for him to see it at it's worse rather than after you've tweaked with it a bit to make it better ;) or stuffed it up and made it worse :p

In all seriousness, it involves some adjustments to the horizontal "stretching" from what you've described which should only be adjusted with proper testcard material or you'll end up with pinches and stretches all over the place.

Also, as Sony have told you, it might be more serious and need a replacement part.

5. manicjon

manicjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that squirrel god will let you no what happens when the engineer calls next week:(

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay - good luck :)

Oh and make sure you offer them a refreshing drink or a cup of coffee when they call round. Always helps ;)