1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY 28LS60 query

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by roadtorode, Feb 13, 2003.

1. roadtorode

roadtorode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do I have a fixable geometry problem ?

When using the 4:3 mode, the sides of the 4:3 display area are curved.

When watching a wide screen display, and the picture is showing a very dark/black shot, I can see lighter areas top on bottom on the LHS, almost shaped like somebody is about to turn a page (!). The bottom on being larger than the top one.

Are these problems that can be tweaked with the engineering menu ?

Any why does Teletubbies throw the smart and wide modes into complete disarray (wobbly edges) ? Nothing else on the sky-borne cbeebies does, or anywhere else for that matter !!!!:zonked:

2. nutball

nutball
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think most of those problems should be fixable. Sounds like you've got some pin cushion distortion?

I've certainly managed to get rid of most of the curvature on the sides of the image in 4:3 and 14:9 modes. There's still from residual snaking, but it's not too bad. It seems to change depending on the brightness of the image.

I also have the light stripe down the LHS. I fixed this by tweaking the horizontal position until it fell off the LHS of the picture.

I just wish I could get hold of a decent test-pattern on DVD to fix this up properly.

As for Teletubbies, I'd guess that's the TV just complaining about poor choice of viewing material :D

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The more symmetrical the 4:3 problem is, the more tweakable it is in the service menu.