1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony: 28LS35 VS 28Ls60...Plaese help

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Squall Strife, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Squall Strife

Squall Strife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wich is the best one???
    I need a suggestion cause I'm really undecided on 50hz or 100hz.
    Honestly I like 100hz, but lot of peole say they have some problems. Anyway I'll use the TV for videogames and DVD movie, then no football match (i hate football ^^ ) , so what i have to do???

2. Stiesto

Stiesto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally, I have yet to be convinced when it comes to 100Hz. Sure, in theory, its superior to 50Hz but when it comes to practical application (at least im my experience), it just doesnt work that well. Best thing to do is go and demo both TVs and decide for yourself.

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was impressed with the 100Hz on the LS60 - so much so, I bought one. I compared it side-by-side with the LS35 and much preferred the LS60. It's a plain 100Hz set so doesn't undertake any extra digital processing (which I didn't like on other 100Hz sets). Footy and other sports look great on it and DVDs look fantastic via RGB input. I haven't played video games on it but would imagine they'd look great as well.

Go get a demo and see if you like it!!

4. friely

friely

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I would say go get the 32ls60 this tv is just awesome I've have had my set 3days now,and can't believe the clear picture and not a bend anywhere on screen.:D

5. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    yep im also very very happy with my 32ls60 it really does display a truely beautiful picture colours are great an depth of picture is superb.i also have no problems with geometry at all just great pics an a happy wallet considering the qualit of pic :D

6. Stiesto

Stiesto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I had an LS35 but returned it as it emitted a loud buzz when in operation. Every Sony TV I have tried since has shown the same characteristic. Have any of you guys noticed this on the LS60?

7. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No and I have only read of one member on the forum who did have this, but he exchanged the set and the replacement was fine.

8. Squall Strife

Squall Strife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you guys ;)
    Today i tried the LS35, good picture fine colors, really nice, and above all the price was really good: about 800€.
    I don't know the price of the LS60 but I think it should be about 1000 €. Now i have to decide...200€ in plus for 100hz or not???

9. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're not just paying the extra for 100Hz. You're also paying for better sound (more watts on both speakers and subwoofer, plus BBE sound as well as virtual dolby) and 2 (yes, 2!) RGB scarts, among other things! Well worth it if you ask me!